Configure Canada Free PPTP VPN account in Windows XP
Setting up FreeCanadaVPN.COM access under Windows XP is simple. The following instructions go step-by-step through the creation process.
- Open Network Connections – First, open the Network Connections by going to the Start Menu and selecting Settings->Network Connections. It may also be located in Settings->Control Panel->Network Connections. When your control panel opens, double–click on Network and Dial–Up Connections.
- Start Connection Wizard – When the Network Connections folder opens, double–click on New Connection Wizard. You should see the New Connection Wizard screen. Click the Next button to continue.
- Select The Connection Type – Next, select Connect to the network at my workplace and click the Next button.
- Select The Connection – Next, select Virtual Private Network connection and click the Next button.
- Enter The Company Name – On this screen, type FreeCanadaVPN.COM for the Company Name and click the Next button.
- Set auto-connect – On this screen, click Do not dial the initial connection and click the Next button. (if you have to dial-up to connect to the internet select Automatically dial this initial connection: and select the connection you want to use). Type “FreeCanadaVPN.COM” as the name of VPN server, then click the Next button.
- Set Username and Password – Next, we’ll set up the connection settings. In the yellow User Name box, enter your FreeCanadaVPN.COM username.In the green Password box, enter your FreeCanadaVPN.COM password. Optionally, click ‘Save Password’ to save your password as part of the connection. That’s it!
- Connect To FreeCanadaVPN.COM – When you want to connect to FreeCanadaVPN.COM, just double–click on the connection and click the ‘Connect’ button. Enter your username and password (if you didn’t save it), and you’ll connect!
- Disconnect From FreeCanadaVPN.COM – To disconnect from a VPN connection, right-click the icon for the connection, and then click “Disconnect”.