Configure Canada Free PPTP VPN account in Mac OS X
The following instructions go step-by-step through the creation process of your VPN connection under Apple Mac OS X (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard & Lion).
- First, click on the Apple on the upper hand corner of the screen. Then click on System Preferences.
- In System Preferences click on the Network icon. When the network screen pops up, click on the “+” icon in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
- The new network screen will pop up. Under the Interface drop down list select VPN. Under the VPN Type drop down list select PPTP. In the Service Name field, type “FreeCanadaVPN.COM” as service name, Click Create.
- The settings for the new VPN connection will now be displayed. In the Server Address field type “FreeCanadaVPN.COM” as the name of VPN server.
- In the Account Name field type the free VPN username.
- Click on the Authentication Settings… button. When the authentication settings windows comes up select the Password Radio button and enter the PPTP VPN password in the box, Click Ok.
- Click on the Advanced button. Check the Send all traffic over VPN connection checkbox. Click Ok.
- You should now be able to connect to the VPN connection.